Cookies on the Sandown Park website
Enquiries 01372 46 43 48
1. All persons visiting the property of Sandown Park (the Racecourse) are admitted subject to these Regulations and to the Rules of Racing. The Racecourse reserves the right to refuse admission or expel without prior notice, any racegoer who, in the reasonable opinion of the Racecourse, behaves or is likely to behave in an unruly manner or in a manner likely to give offence to other racegoers.
2. Tickets booked and sent by Standard Mail are at the customer’s risk. Special Delivery items do require a signature on receipt.
3. No refunds will be given for badges or tickets that are purchased and not required or used other than if racing is abandoned.
4. Sandown Park may abandon racing:-
i. where so directed by the Jockey Club, the police or emergency services or their respective servants or agents; or
ii. in any emergency or other exceptional circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Sandown Park.
In the event of racing being abandoned, refunds on badges or tickets will only be paid in the following circumstances:
i. Abandonment before completion of the first race – FULL REFUND
ii. Abandonment before the completion of the third or feature race, whichever is later – 50% REFUND
REFUNDS CANNOT BE MADE ON RACE DAYS
To obtain a refund:
a. If you purchased your tickets/badges/car park labels in advance via the ticket hotline (01372 47 00 47), internet or post then you will receive an automatic refund via your original payment method.
b. If you purchased your tickets/badges/car park labels at Sandown on the day, please send your tickets/badges to: Accounts Department (Ticket Refunds), Sandown Park Racecourse, Portsmouth Road, Esher, Surrey, KT10 9AJ
c. If you purchased your tickets/badges/car park labels in advance directly at Sandown and not by either of the above methods, then please send your tickets/badges to: Accounts Department (Ticket Refunds), Sandown Park Racecourse, Portsmouth Road, Esher, Surrey, KT10 9AJ
d. If you were a hospitality client, please call 01372 47 77 47
5. The Racecourse reserves the right to authorise the search of racegoers and/or their bags.
6. Mobile telephones may not be used for betting purposes anywhere on the Racecourse.
7. Flags, banners and other articles and any behaviour such as drunkenness, abusive conduct, singing or shouting which may constitute an annoyance to spectators or distract or frighten the horses are prohibited.
8. No dogs are allowed into the Racecourse Enclosures, with the exception of assistance dogs.
9. Flashlight photography is not allowed anywhere on the Racecourse as it may distract or frighten horses.
10. Media coverage and recording for promotional purposes:
All Attendees (which for the purposes of this clause also includes horses and for the avoidance of any doubt includes families with children) are reminded that many races and fixtures are given coverage on television, radio and in print and various other forms of media. By entering the Racecourse Attendees are accepting they may appear in such coverage which may also include printed or electronic material used for the promotion of the Racecourse.
Accordingly, attendees shall have no right to object to their inclusion in any such coverage whether produced by the Racecourse or by third parties authorised by the Racecourse. Furthermore by entering the Racecourse each Attendee consents to the passing of still or moving images of them to third parties authorised by the Racecourse for the purposes of the production of printed or electronic material to be used solely for the Promotion of the Racecourse.
Each Attendee will give any additional consents or waivers required for the unrestricted lawful use of any coverage (if any) without request for payment or imposing any other conditions.
11. Dress Codes:
Premier Enclosure: Racing at Sandown Park is very special to us and dressing accordingly is an important part of the experience which we encourage.
In the Premier Enclosure, smart casual dress is required which is defined as follows:
We kindly ask that you do not wear:
Grandstand Enclosure: The dress code is informal and casual though vests and bare tops are not permitted. However, feel free to dress up and embrace the racing experience - Ladies feel free to wear your hats.
12. Please observe the designated no drinking and no glassware areas.
13. Transfers between enclosures may be possible on the day, subject to availability.
14. Lost or stolen badges will not be replaced.
15. In the event of a breach of this contract by the Racecourse, the Racecourse shall not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense arising out of the breach which was not reasonably foreseeable by the Racecourse at the date of this contract, except in respect of death or personal injury resulting from any act or omission on the part of the Racecourse.
16. Unauthorised badge, ticket or racecard sellers or any hawkers will be removed from Company property.
17. Racegoers are required to conform to the instructions given by gate and/or security staff especially when crossing the racecourse. Course crossings will occasionally be closed as a matter of safety.
18. Only those individuals possessing a valid betting badge and occupying an authorised pitch are entitled to lay bets. Any person carrying out unauthorised bookmaking will be removed from the Racecourse.
19. No food or drink may be brought into the Premier, Members or Grandstand Enclosures.
20. The distribution of leaflets or any other advertising material within either the car parks or enclosures without prior written permission from the Racecourse is strictly forbidden and may result in legal action against any such offending parties.
21. Where stated, VAT is charged at 20%.
22. All customers of Jockey Club Racecourses will, on purchasing a ticket online or through our call centre, automatically (and free of charge) be enrolled in, and have the credit/debit card which they used to purchase the ticket(s) registered with, our loyalty programme - Rewards4Racing.
23. This will allow Jockey Club Racecourses’ customers to accumulate Reward Points by using their registered card when purchasing tickets online or through the call centre with Jockey Club Racecourses as well as at a number of other high street and online retailers (full details are available at www.rewards4racing.com). We will only be able to add points to your Rewards4Racing account if your orders are paid for by credit/debit card.
24. Should a Jockey Club Racecourses’ customer wish to opt out of Rewards4Racing, they may do so at any time by emailing Rewards4Racing at email@example.com. Full details of the Rewards4Racing loyalty programme and the benefits offered are available on the rewards4racing.com website.
25. Rewards4Racing is governed by its own set of Terms and Conditions which are available by visiting http://www.rewards4racing.com/.