Cookies on the Sandown Park website
Enquiries 01372 46 43 48
Sandown Park is set in picturesque green belt surroundings where we prioritise our environmental responsibilities and strive to incorporate sustainable principles in our business.
The Jockey Club’s Sustainability Executive is based at Sandown Park and is working with the team to ensure that we implement steps to reduce our impact on the environment without affecting the quality of the customer experience.
The sustainability strategy is constantly evolving and we have a mixture of short and longer term objectives to help achieve our aims. Some of the objectives that we have already completed at Sandown Park include:
• A decrease in annual energy consumption, both in electricity and gas
• Installation of Electric Vehicle Charge Points in the main car park
• An increase in the proportion of waste recycled
• Use of “Free Cycle” to dispose of large items such as furniture to minimise land fill
• An extensive tree planting scheme
• All of our race cards are printed on recycled paper
• Incorporating environmental credentials in our procurement decisions
• Our catering division, Jockey Club Catering, is dedicated to sourcing local food suppliers wherever possible
• A “cycle to work” scheme in place within the Sandown Park team
We are always looking for ideas to reduce the impact of Sandown Park on the local and wider environment. If you have any suggestions, please email us at email@example.com - we would be delighted to hear from you.